- About the sanatorium
Patient Safety is a fundamental principle of medical care.
Each type, form and condition of medical care is accompanied by certain risks for patients.
Undesirable events in the course of medical activities can occur as a result of any medical interventions, even if they are performed correctly (regardless of whether they are diagnostic, therapeutic or rehabilitative).
improving patient safety requires comprehensive solutions within the healthcare system -a wide range of measures to improve the organization of activities, including infection control, safe use of medicines and medical devices, safe clinical practice and safe conditions for care.
Safety of medical activity is the absence of preventable harm, risks of its occurrence and(or) the degree of reduction of permissible harm to the life and health of citizens, medical and pharmaceutical workers, and the environment when performing medical activities.
At the same time, an important component is not only the safety of patients, but also the safety of medical workers. This is particularly important when organizing medical care in the context of a pandemic, as a guarantee of stable and effective work of medical organizations.
Everyone strives to provide quality and safe medical care,and yet, according to the world health organization, who:
• undesirable events caused by unsafe medical care are one of the top 10 causes of death and disability worldwide;
• harm caused by a number of undesirable events can be prevented in almost 50% of cases;
* worldwide, 4 out of 10 patients are harmed in primary and outpatient care;
• non-compliance with safety rules during surgical care is the cause of complications in almost 25% of patients;
• in the Organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) member countries, 15% of all hospital costs and workloads are a direct result of undesirable events.
The results of Roszdravnadzor inspections also indicate problems in ensuring the safety of medical care provided.
So, in 2019, within the framework of state control of quality and safety of medical activities conducted 5895 inspections, during which revealed 3064 cases of violation of rights of citizens in the field of health, 1998 violations of orders of medical care, 1952 violations of orders for medical examinations, inspections and examinations, 143 violations of the organization and implementation of departmental and 2320 violations of the organization and implementation of internal control of the quality and safety of medical activities.
Recognizing patient safety as a key health priority,the world health Assembly, at its 72nd session, adopted resolution WHA72.6 "Global action for patient safety"on may 25, 2019, and declared September 17 as world patient safety day.
the goal of world patient safety day is to raise global awareness of patient safety and encourage international solidarity in actions aimed at improving patient safety and reducing harm to patients around the world, both the professional community, patients themselves, their relatives, and various organizations representing the interests of patients.
on September 17, 2020, the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation, together with Roszdravnadzor and in cooperation with the who representative office in Russia, planned events dedicated to the world patient safety day.
Key message of this year's world patient safety day: "Speak out in support of health workers 'safety!"
ensuring the maximum level of health security is an urgent task on a national scale, which requires the joint efforts of all stakeholders, including state, departmental, and public (including patient)organizations.
As part of the world patient safety day in 2020 in the Russian Federation, it is planned to:
• holding the all-Russian Olympiad on safety in healthcare - to identify the level of competence in various areas of ensuring the safety of medical activities;
• interactive voting for patients and medical professionals on current issues of patient safety, the purpose of which is to analyze awareness of priority issues related to safety in receiving and providing medical care;
• holding the regional stage of the all-Russian competition "quality Leader in healthcare" - the competition is held for teams of healthcare professionals who have implemented successful projects aimed at improving the quality and safety of medical activities;
• holding thematic press conferences and briefings on patient safety with the participation of who representatives in the Russian Federation, representatives of the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation, Roszdravnadzor, health authorities of the Russian Federation, as well as leading medical, scientific and educational organizations in the field of health;
* conducting thematic events dedicated to the world patient safety day: interactive workshops, lectures, thematic meetings, "open days" and other events, including initiatives to draw the attention of patients and their relatives to the issues of responsibility for their own health.
we are confident that world patient safety day will draw public attention to safety issues, encourage joint work of all stakeholders, and serve as a basis for developing programs to improve the safety and quality of life and health of citizens in the Russian Federation.
All events within the framework of the world patient safety day can be held under the slogan "patient safety Culture-everyone's responsibility!"
For all questions related to the preparation and support of events dedicated to the world patient safety day, we recommend contacting the contact center of the Federal state budgetary institution"national Institute of quality" of Roszdravnadzor by phone +7(495)980-29-35 (EXT. 0) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and methodological materials, as well as an interactive map of events planned within the framework of the world patient safety day in the regions of the Russian Federation are available on the website of the Federal state budgetary institution "national Institute of quality" of Roszdravnadzorhttp://nqi-russia.ru/ in the "world patient safety day" section.